At WA Freight Group, we are committed to reducing the environmental impact of our operations.
To achieve our objective, WA Freight Group will:
- Ensure that environmental awareness is included into its business planning, process improvement and operational disciplines;
- Ensure compliance with all environmental regulations;
- Promote efficiency and reduce waste across the organisation;
- Provide accurate reporting to the authorities, the community, our shareholders and employees regarding our environmental performance;
- Invest, wherever appropriate, in an asset base and the systems and processes which reduce energy consumption and minimise carbon emissions.
As a provider of transport services, WA Freight Group, has a key focus on reducing carbon emissions and improving energy consumption across its extended transport fleet through:
- The up-grading of its fleet, over time, to Euro4 and Euro5 prime movers which have EGR in-built emissions reductions systems;
- Investment in aerodynamically designed trailers to reduce emissions
- Planning of all routes to ensure trips are completed in an optimum manner requiring the least driving time and lowest emissions;
- Monitoring and enforcing speed limits to ensure that fuel consumption is optimised;
- Ensuring regular programmed maintenance schedules are in place for all prime movers and trailers to ensure that all vehicles operate as efficiently as possible;
- Reducing empty running kilometres;
- The use of re-capped tyres and innovative processes which reduce tyre wear and increase tyre life;
- The close monitoring and reporting of fuel consumption across the vehicle fleet
Outside our fleet operations, WA Freight Group is focussed on:
- Reducing electricity usage , particularly within its warehouse operations;
- Reducing its consumption of white A4 copy paper through reducing printing volumes and automating processes to eliminate the use of paper (eg EDI, electronic PODs, run sheets etc);
- Using technological alternatives such as teleconferencing in order to minimise air travel;
- Instituting a recycle programme for all waste, particularly workshop;
- Water Recycling, our truck wash recycles water used.