WA Freight Group deploys an extensive fleet of trailers and specialised materials handling equipment.
The company owned fleet is also supplemented by dedicated sub-contractor vehicles ranging from one tonne vans to rigids which provide pick-up and delivery LTL services across the metropolitan areas of major cities.
Our quality processes have enabled members of the WA Freight Group to achieve:
- ATA Truck Safe Accreditation,
- Equipment Maintenance Accreditation (as part of the RTF Alternative Compliance Program),
- NHVAS accredited operator Roadworthiness,
- Basic and Advanced Fatigue Management Accreditation
- WA Fatigue Management Accreditation
In addition WA Freight Group has implemented:
- Comprehensive screening, medical and license check sand entry training for all new applicants;
- 2-Up driver teams on East West long haul routes;
- Internal and External training regarding Fatigue Management for all drivers;
- Annual medical assessments for all drivers;
- Regular performance evaluations and needs based training for all staff;
- Fully equipped workshop for rolling stock maintenance;
- Employee Assistance Program which includes free personal and work-related support and counseling; and
- Regular training conferences for all WA Freight Group management and staff
Drivers & Safety
All drivers are outfitted in uniforms in tune with the company's recognition that they are the "Front Line" of our business.
All drivers are required to complete a pre inspection checklist inspection sheet prior to departure. All drivers are required to complete a transit report that details any mechanical problems experienced during the trip, as part of our Truck Safe and Roadworthiness alternative compliance accreditation. Any problems experienced by the drivers either in the pre-trip inspection or during the trip is dealt with by our in-house workshop staff in our company workshop in Perth or via our contracted partners.
WA Freight Group has a proud heritage of workshop excellence in providing our operations, and thus our Customers with a World’s Best Service Standard.
Our own workshop operations are complimented and supported by an Australia-wide support network.